Ausangate 7 lakes tour takes place at the foot of the majestic Ausangate snow-capped mountain, which is located between 4300 meters above sea level and 4650 meters above sea level, so its climate is frigid since it is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Also here you can enjoy a relaxing bath in the thermal waters of Pacchanta.
- 05:00 am: Pick up from the hotel-trip to Pacchanta.
- 08:30 am: Breakfast at CC Pacchanta.
- 09:00 am: We start the walk.
- 11:00 am: arrival at the foot of Ausangate snowy at 4650 msnm.
- 14:00 pm: Lunch time at Pacchanta.
- 14:45 pm: Free time to take a refreshing bath in the thermal baths.
- 15:30 pm: Return trip to Cusco.
- 19:30 pm: Arrival in the City of Cusco (Av. El Sol).
Sites to visit
- Ausangate snow
- Ocongate District.
- Circuit of the 7 lakes (Azulqocha, Alqacocha, Pucacocha, Otorongo, Q’omercocha and Patacocha).
- Pacchanta hot springs.
- Activities: Short day hikes.
- Difficulty level: Demanding (4/5).
- Travel distance: 7 km.
- Walking time: 4 hour Approximately.
- Maximum Altitude: 4650 masl.
- Departures: Daily departures in group or private service.
The Nevado de Ausangate is located at a height of 6384 meters above sea level and is considered the Apu or protective deity of the peoples that surround it since the Inca Era, as well as the most representative mountain of the Cusco region.
In this impressive place there are natural formations, as well as beautiful bodies of water, as well as the lagoons that are understood around the imposing snow-capped Ausangate as the 7 lagoons of Ausangate.
Ausangate 7 lakes tour
We start at 4:30 am with the pick up of our passengers from their hotels, to start the trek to Ocongate and reach Tinki (3,780 meters above sea level). From here we will take the detour along an unmarked road towards the Community of Pacchanta (4,310 meters above sea level), where a comforting breakfast awaits us to start our walk.
From Pachanta we will start the Ausangate 7 lakes tour, a walk of 4 hours approx. Through the circuit of the Ausangate 7 lakes, on the Route we will visit the lagoons of Azulqocha, Pucacocha, Alqacocha, Otorongo, Q’omercocha and Patacocha 4,740 meters above sea level.
On the way we will be able to observe the flora and fauna of the place, such as llamas, alpacas, and if we are lucky to see the: Vizcachas and the Andean Condor. At the end of the Ausangate 7 lakes tour, we will return to the Pacchanta where we will have time to take a dip in the refreshing hot springs, to then be able to have lunch and recover energy.
At the end of the tour and after having taken a refreshing bath (optional), back on the bus we will begin the return to the city of Cusco, arrival Aprosx. 19:30 hours.
Ausangate 7 lakes Tour includes:
- Tourist Transportation Of Round Trip (private or shared according to the chosen option).
- Food: Breakfast And Menu.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish – English), other languages consult.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen Balloon.
- Walking sticks and blankets.
Ausangate 7 lakes Tour does not include:
- Entrance ticket to the Circuit of Ausangate-7 lakes S /. 10.00 Soles
- Horse if required.
- Entrance to the Pacchanta Thermal Baths S /. 10.00 Soles.
- Other passenger expenses.
Ausangate 7 lakes tour Recommendations:
- Bring a Small Backpack.
- Wear; hats, scarf, gloves, sweater.
- Bring an extra change of clothes in case it rains.
- Bring a rain poncho, sun block, sun glasses, hat.
- Bathing clothes in case you wish to enter the thermal baths.
- Carry Snacks that provide calories and energy.
- not recommended for people suffering from respiratory illnesses.
Why choose Andino Tours Peru
WHY ANDINO TOURS PERU?
We are a travel agency tour operator located in the city of Cusco, we have tourism professionals dedicated to quality service.
Our team is integrated by professionals with experience and responsibility to meet each of the requirements of our passengers and offer the best moments and unforgettable trips during their estimated travel time.
why travel ANDINO TOURS PERU?
Our company is legally constituted for more than 3 years in the market, we are registered in SUNARP and SUNAT, as regulatory authorities of commerce in Peru, as well as registered in the GERCETUR-CUSCO as tour operators and retail travel agency. We have also received the certification as Licensees of the PERU BRAND, and registered in PROMPERU and IPERU.
In order to provide the best service to our customers we are in constant search of certifications that endorse us as a travel agency 100% recommendable.