When you hike the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, you will see impressive Inca ruins, sweeping mountain views, lush subtropical vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The Old Inca Trail crosses the National Park and takes you through the Gate of the Sun with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu. We will pass through cloud forests and finally through subtropical vegetation. People taking the short Inca Trail hike will have the privilege of seeing the famous Machu Picchu Citadel on the afternoon of the first day and also visiting it the next morning! This hike was designed for those with little travel time who would like to experience a part of the Historic Inca Trail and hike to the New 7th Wonder of the World: Machu Picchu! but don’t forget to visit the sacred valley.
- Day 01: Cusco – KM 104 – Machu Picchu Village.
- Day 02: Machu Picchu Village – Machu Picchu the lost City of the Incas.
Sites to visit
- Machu Picchu.
- Inca Trail to Machu Picchu..
- KM 104.
- Name of Tour:Inca Trail Short 2 Days.
- Type of Tour: Hiking, Adventure, Camping.
- Travel distance: 10 kilometers.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate but can be difficult if you don’t prepare for the hike.
- Income is required: which we reserve for you.
- Best time: April to November.
- Closing date: February for maintenance.
- The Short Inca Trail passes through the cloud forest around the Lost City of the Incas.
- Enjoy the landscapes, flora and fauna of the surroundings.
- Short Inca Trail in only 2 days.
- Explanations from a professional guide.
- Visit the Inca site Wiñay Wayna.
- Walk through the Inti Punku (Sun Gate).
- We will explore the mystical Inca city of Machu Picchu.
Day 01: Cusco - KM 104 - Machu Picchu Pueblo
The Short Inca Trail Starts at 3:30 am. Then, picking up from your hotel and transfering to Ollantaytambo by bus, from here we will take the train to KM 104, from where our 2-day Inca Trail adventure begins.
From this place we will start the walk to Wiñaywayna where we can have a guided tour of the entire complex and then continue to Intipunku and Machu Picchu. Overnight in Aguas Calientes (Hostel).
- Accommodation: Hostel and Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Maximum height: 2475 masl.
- Transportation: Bus / Walk.
Day 02: Machu Picchu Pueblo - Machu Picchu the Inca City
Early in the morning we are making the ascent to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, where we are going to have a formidable guided tour for approximately 2 hours in the afternoon, then we will go down again to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch and in the time to board the return train to the city of Cusco – Peru.
- Accommodation: Hostel and hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals: Breakfast, (Optional Lunch).
- Maximum altitude: 3300 masl.
- Transportation: Bus / Walk / Train.
- Transfer Cusco – Ollantaytambo by bus.
- Train (Cusco – Km. 104).
- 01 night at Machu Picchu Hostel.
- Entrance to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide (English-Spanish).
- Meals (1 Breakfast , 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner).
- 01 bus Consettur (Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes).
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- First Aid kit. (oxygen).
- Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Bus down to Machu Picchu after the Inca trail.
- Original passport.
- Full rain gear or poncho.
- Gloves (fine riding and warm gloves).
- Faro Sunglasses.
- Mountain socks Sunscreen.
- Insect repellent Bathing suit.
- Trekking pants.
- Dry and breathable upper garment.
- Comfortable shoes/flip-flops.
- Cold weather jacket.
- Long sleeve sweater Woolen hat.
- Mountain boots.
- Baseball cap, hat and bandana.
- Faro Sunglasses.
- Mountain socks Sunscreen.
- Insect repellent.
- Casual mountain clothing for evenings.
- Cameras/video cameras and chargers.
- Refillable water bottle (hydration pouches recommended).
How to Get
ARRIVING IN CUSCO.
Cusco has an airport for local or national flights. In order to get to Cusco, all travelers must disembark in Lima and go through migration, even if their flight to Cusco is on the same day and with the same airline.
WHICH ROUTE SHOULD I TAKE, BY AIR OR BY LAND?.
The best travel option to Cusco is by air. Currently, there are several airlines that provide the Lima-Cusco Air Transportation service, among which we can mention: LATAM, VIVA AIR, SKY AIRLINE, and STAR PERU. Of all of them, LATAM is the most recommended, due to the variety of schedules it handles.
The land travel option is also a good option, but you always have to look for the best options that offer adequate comfort for the trip. The trip by bus is 22 hours. If your trip is from Puno or Arequipa, you can take this option since the trip is usually cheaper and it is only about 12 hours of travel.
DEPOSIT FOR LUGGAGE
To be able to travel on domestic flights, you have to take into account the type of service contracted since there are rates where you can only get a maximum of 8 kilos of luggage. If you travel with more, make sure to hire it in advance and avoid setbacks when boarding.
If you have luggage, it can be left safely in the accommodation, or we can also provide you with a place of deposit at the Andino Tours Peru offices, but take into account the opening and closing hours of the office.
If you arrive before the Check In Time at the hotel, you can leave it totally free in the hotel deposit to be able to go out to carry out your activities or rest in the hotel lobby.
CUSCO HAS THE HIGHEST AVERAGE ELEVATION IN THE WORLD.
That is why people who travel at a lower level suffer from altitude sickness, “Soroche”. This is because at higher altitudes, less oxygen is contained than those who are at sea level, so the body works harder to get the oxygen it needs. That is why for long walks it is recommended to stay at least two days in Cusco.
Symptoms of altitude sickness are headache, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, sleep problems, loss of appetite, trouble breathing. Most of the time, the symptoms will be mild, but if they get worse, consult a doctor or contact our offices.
Coca tea is a recommended infusion for this disease, so within the accommodation it is always offered to counteract altitude sickness.
You must remember that you come to enjoy a trip through wonderful trails with people who will always be willing to help you, so you can relax and enjoy every moment.
THE WEATHER IN CUSCO.
One of the big questions is how the weather is in Cusco. It is easy to get this information on the internet, but you also have to take into account that each season and during these times the climates are changing. The dry season in Cusco is from April to October, but there will always be a sudden rain with lightning and thunder.
It is always advisable to have the appropriate rain gear, such as rain ponchos or waterproof jackets, waterproof gloves, and suitable shoes that do not slip in the rain.
Each member of the Andino Tours Peru staff has received first aid training from a specialist doctor. Every year we carry out this mandatory training, and on each of our excursions you will have a first-aid kit for basic medical problems (Traveler’s Diarrhea, scrapes, cuts, etc.) and, in fact, oxygen should not be lacking.
To protect your trip, the purchase of travel insurance is recommended. Having insurance before the trip is highly recommended. I have agreements with companies that provide this service that will make your trip more pleasant and peaceful in Peru.
For all our excursions, we have biodegradable soap, and all our garbage is returned to Cusco. Our staff is trained to take care of the environment. We use environmentally friendly chemical portable toilets.
We launched a program where for each traveler who reserves with us, we donate 10 trees that will be delivered to the communities of Mikaypata, Ninamarca, Huatoqto, and others, committing them to caring for the environment.
Why choose Andino Tours Peru
WHY ANDINO TOURS PERU?
We are a travel agency tour operator located in the city of Cusco, we have tourism professionals dedicated to quality service.
Our team is integrated by professionals with experience and responsibility to meet each of the requirements of our passengers and offer the best moments and unforgettable trips during their estimated travel time.
why travel ANDINO TOURS PERU?
Our company is legally constituted for more than 3 years in the market, we are registered in SUNARP and SUNAT, as regulatory authorities of commerce in Peru, as well as registered in the GERCETUR-CUSCO as tour operators and retail travel agency. We have also received the certification as Licensees of the PERU BRAND, and registered in PROMPERU and IPERU.
In order to provide the best service to our customers we are in constant search of certifications that endorse us as a travel agency 100% recommendable.