Tour Rainbow Mountain Peru
Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain located at 5100 m.a.s.l. in the district of Pitumarca, within the Cordillera del Vilcanota, this beautiful landscape is known since 2016. Considered as one of the top 100 places to visit before you die, recommended by travel experts from the Business Insider website and the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.
- Pick up at your hotel at 4 am in our private van and transfer to the trailhead.
- Our chef will prepare breakfast for you 5 minutes from the trailhead.
- The ascent takes approximately 1.5 hours on a trail that ascends through a desert valley, with full view of the glaciers.
- After the summit, there is an optional extra 45-minute hike to see the Red Valley.
- The hike back down takes approximately 1 hour.
- Enjoy the amazing views of glaciers, valleys and the natural color of Rainbow Mountain.
- Highest elevation: 5100mt/16732ft.
- When you return to the vehicle, the chef will prepare a hot lunch for you.
- After lunch, we take our van back to Cusco.
- Arrival at your hotel in Cusco around 17:00 hrs.
Sites to visit
- Rainbow Mountain or Vinicunca.
- Red Valley (optional).
- Location: Cusco , Vilcanota Mountain Range.
- Duration: Full Day (from 4:00hrs to 17:00hrs).
- Availability: Every Day.
- Difficulty: Moderate – Difficult (This is more due to the altitude).
- This excursion is designed for travelers with little time and good physical endurance.
- Although Rainbow Mountain is usually crowded with tourists, we started our adventure early in the morning to be the first to arrive.
- We will take you to the beginning of the Red Valley so you can appreciate the endless red hills that rise on the other side of Vinicunca, a clear example of Mother Nature’s fine art!.
- Immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the inhabitants of this area, watch numerous herds of llamas and alpacas roaming around, and witness millions of years of geological history. The imposing mountain scenery will undoubtedly be the protagonist of your photographs.
- Complement this tour with a visit to the Ausangate mountain range and its crystal clear lakes.
- To better acclimatize for this tour you can visit the archaeological centers that are in the surroundings of Cusco such as Sacsayhuaman and you can even visit them by bicycle.
Tour Rainbow Mountain
For the Rainbow Mountain Tour we will leave at 4:30 to 5:00 am, with direction to Cusipata, for approx. 2 hours of travel.
At 7:30 a.m. Aprox. In Cusipata we will have breakfast. Then we will travel for about 1 hour and a half. until we reach the checkpoint and start our trek to the Rainbow Moutnain of Vinicunca.
During the walk of 1 hour and a half approx. We will observe the flora and fauna that abound in this place, among which highlights the Llamas and Alpacas.
Upon arrival at the Mirador de la Montaña de Colores, our guide will give us an explanation about the ecosystem and the color of The Rainbow Mountain, then we will enjoy the scenery for about 30 minutes approx. and take souvenir photos.
At the end we will return by the same trail to the starting point of the hike, where our transportation will take us to Cusipata and enjoy a delicious lunch.
At the end of the day, we will start our return trip to Cusco, arriving between 5 and 6 in the afternoon. The last stop will be at the esplanade of Qoricancha.
- Pick up hotel 4:30 am.
- Professional Guide.
- Blankets and Walking Sticks.
- First Aid Kit.
- Rainbow Mountain entrance fee s/10.00 soles.
- Horses (if necessary) from s/60.00 soles.
- Extra expenses.
- Prices per person, programs for individual passengers, for groups please consult us.
- Non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Excursions and transfers are made in shared or group service.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice depending on availability of space or rates at the time of booking.
- Sales period: all year round.
- Validity of the trip: all year round as long as the reservation is made in advance and spaces are available.
- The trip is not recommended for people without physical difficulties or respiratory or cardiac diseases.
How to Get
- The entrance fee is 5 soles (US$1.5) for nationals and 10 soles (US$3) for foreigners.
- The mountain is located at a high altitude above sea level, so it is advisable to make the excursion at least one or two days after arriving in Cusco, when you are fully acclimatized.
- In addition, it is recommended to buy pills against soroche or altitude sickness or coca leaves and take them before starting the hike.
- The altitude requires a certain physical condition, so it is advisable to avoid it if you are not used to walking, it is advisable to prepare it with time or hire a horse to do the hike.
- The months between April and November are ideal to visit this place, since it is the dry season and you will be able to appreciate the colors in all their splendor.
- However, the trip can also be made without problems during the other months, as long as it has not rained or snowed a lot.
- For the inhabitants, this is a sacred place; here they perform rituals such as tribute to the earth and live with Andean animals such as alpacas and llamas, so it is important to travel responsibly, respecting the natural and cultural environment.
- In addition, the high influx of tourists in this place keeps the community that lives here alert, who want to avoid damage to the mountain. Therefore, we ask you not to damage any area of the mountain with graffiti or graffiti, as well as to respect the traffic signs.
Why choose Andino Tours Peru
WHY ANDINO TOURS PERU?
We are a travel agency tour operator located in the city of Cusco, we have tourism professionals dedicated to quality service.
Our team is integrated by professionals with experience and responsibility to meet each of the requirements of our passengers and offer the best moments and unforgettable trips during their estimated travel time.
why travel ANDINO TOURS PERU?
Our company is legally constituted for more than 3 years in the market, we are registered in SUNARP and SUNAT, as regulatory authorities of commerce in Peru, as well as registered in the GERCETUR-CUSCO as tour operators and retail travel agency. We have also received the certification as Licensees of the PERU BRAND, and registered in PROMPERU and IPERU.
In order to provide the best service to our customers we are in constant search of certifications that endorse us as a travel agency 100% recommendable.